Organization: IWA-Forest Industry Pension & LTD Plans
WHO WE ARE Established to support Canadian forestry workers and their families, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans provide pension and disability benefits and rehabilitation services to members. With over $3.6 billion in assets, 450+ participating employers and 70,000 members, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension Plan is one of Canada’s top 100 pension funds, and is one of the top three private sector pension funds in BC. The IWA–Forest Industry LTD Plan was created in 1982 almost a decade after the pension plan, and now serves over 10,000 members across western Canada. The plans are intended to supplement government retirement benefits and provide financial protection in the event of illness and injury. They are a valuable part of members’ financial security in retirement and beyond. Both plans are administered by the Plan Office, which manages plan assets and benefits.
POSITION: The Plan Office of the IWA- Forest Industry LTD Plan is offering an excellent opportunity for a Rehabilitation Counsellor based at the Plan Office in Burnaby, BC, to serve our members in the Southern Interior, Cariboo and other regions in BC. The successful candidate will provide services and support for our members in receipt of short term or long term disability benefits. You will provide a continuum of counselling, case management and vocational rehabilitation services to assist members in their transition from injury and illness to renewed health and function, medical resolution, occupational readiness and safe return to the same or suitable alternate employment. Your responsibilities include regional travel approximately twice per month for two to three days, and meetings with members, employers, union representatives, health professionals and community services providers to coordinate successful rehabilitation and return to work outcomes. You will work in cooperation with the Plan Office and our team of rehabilitation counsellors covering the rest of BC and one operation in Saskatchewan.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g. rehabilitation counselling, psychology, social work, nursing, occupational or physical therapy, kinesiology or human kinetics, disability management or community rehabilitation.) A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3 plus years of experience in vocational rehabilitation with training and experience in counselling persons with disabilities.
- A valid driver’s license and your own vehicle insured for business use. Business travel is required to cover an assigned regional territory, including some overnight trips.
- Case management experience and knowledge of best practices in the delivery of medical and vocational rehabilitation programs and services.
- A professional and respectful approach. Must display courtesy, discretion, and understanding in dealing with confidential matters and member situations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and effectively deal with changing situations to arrive at solutions for members’ rehabilitation needs.
INTERESTED: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 26, 2019.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION The IWA-Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans are responsible for the management and protection of large amounts of confidential information. All employees are expected to understand the requirements of and act in accordance with provincial privacy laws as well as to adhere to internal controls and policies to ensure confidential information is not revealed to or distributed or discussed with anyone other than as required to perform the duties of the position. We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Organization: Cortex Centre for Advanced Assessment
Location: 550 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
We are looking for part-time Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants to assist on a contract basis with our requests for legal vocational assessments. Experience and court certified preferred. Please send resume and cover letter to Dr. Izabela Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.